Complete the sentences
1. On Saturday I played computer games with my cousins.1
2. My mum didn’t cook dinner last night.
3. I walked to school because there weren´t any buses.
4. They didn’t dance at the party.
5. My brother traveled to Ireland last summer.
Write the past simple of these verbs
1. copy __ copied
2. revise __ revised
3. cycle __ cycled
4. listen __ listened
5. practice __ practiced
6. play __ played
7. like __ liked
8. move __ moved
9. shout __ shouted
10. start __ started
Write the words in the correct order.
1. film? / like / you / Did / the /
Did you like the film?
2. you / many / did / ask? / How / people /
How many people did you ask?
3. a / have / time? / they / Did / good /
Did you have a good time?
4. did / weekend? / the / What / do / we / at /
What did we do at the weekend?
5. she / DVD? / Where / that / did / buy /
Where did she buy that DVD?
6. party / on / your / go / Saturday? / he / Did / to /
Did he go to your party on Saturday?
7. did / yesterday? / Who / you / see /
Who did you see yesterday
Correct the sentences
1. Did he went to school yesterday?
Did he go to school yesterday?
2. Why did you to go home early?
Why did you go home early?
3. Where you did learn English?
Where did you learn English?
4. Did she works today?
Did she work today?
5. What do you this yesterday?
What did you do yesterday?
6. Did they last night phone you?
Did they phone you last night?
Regular (R) or irregular (I) verbs?
1. fly I
2. use R
3. study R
4. eat I
5. make R
6. travel R
7. see I
Complete the sentences with the past simple
be (was)7 – get up – meet (met)5– have (had)1 – go (went)2 – run (ran)4 – drink (drank)6 – sleep (slept)7 – swim (swam)3 – eat (ate)6
1. I had a shower and some fruit for breakfast.
2. Then I went to the sports centre.
3. I swam 500 meters in the swimming pool and then
4. I ran 5 kilometers.
5. At lunchtime I met my friends in a café.
6. We ate some pasta and drank some juice.
7. After lunch I slept for a few hours, I was tired!
Complete the sentences
1. I opened the door and looked inside.
2. Who closed all the windows?
3. I carried my mom´s shopping bag.
4. I didn’t climb over the fence.
5. I ripped my shirt.
6. The plane landed ten minutes ago.
7. We lived in that house when I was a baby.
8. My brother didn’t cry when he fell of his bike.
9. We walked to school yesterday.
10. She smiled when she saw me.
11. We hurried to the station to catch the train.
12. She laught when I told her the joke.
13. We raced each other on our bikes.
14. Dad didn’t help me with my homework.
15. Helen whispered me a secret.
16. Luis Miguel hurried to catch a bus.
17. We returned our books to the library.
18. She didn’t kiss the frog.
19. The frog changed into a prince.
20. Two doctors rushed into the room.
21. I kicked the ball very hard.
22. Who invented the computer?
23. Dinosaurs lived many years ago.
24. It didn’t snow last night.
25. They didn’t work until twelve last night.
1. I left my watch in the park.
2. David didn’t hurt his knee.
3. I kicked the ball and it broke a window.
4. My new shoes didn’t cost a lot of money.
5. I got this book from the library.
6. We had a garage where we keeped our car.
7. Ali cut his knee.
8. The glass fell off the table.
9. The glass didn’t break.
10. We sold our old car.
11. We bought a new car.
12. The bell didn’t ring.
13. We all went into school.
14. The dog caught the ball.
15. The man didn’t kneel down.
16. Our cat ran into the road.
17. Jane didn’t write a letter.
18. I bought a new camera last week.
19. We drove to a safari park yesterday.
20. Yesterday Dad didn’t take me to the carnival.
21. Elizabeth gave Eva a chocolate.
22. Jack and Jill didn’t get up the hill.
23. Her ring cost ten Euros.
24. I put sugar in my coffee.
25. He didn’t hit the ball over the net
Translate these words and write all three forms.
Խոսել-talk-talked-talked կամ speak-spoke-spoken
Make a situation using these words.
Yesterday was my friend’s concert, she had to dance. I told my friends, that it’s my friend’s concert and I needed their help. They helped me to inspire my friend. One of my friends decided to make posters for her. We began making posters. We wrote on poster inspiring texts. Then we bought some clothes as a gift for her concert. In the shop cashiers sold clothes with pleasure, because the clothes were expensive. On the clothes we drew some funny pictures to make her happy. We went to the concert, I talked with the guard and said, that there is my friend and we’re going to her. We sat on the chairs and she began to dance. She danced very beautifully. It was an unforgettable day for him. She won.
TELL THE STORY – FILL IN THE PAST SIMPLE TENSE
ON FRIDAY, THE CHILDREN TALKED ABOUT A DAY OUT TOGETHER IN THE COUNTRY. THE NEXT MORNING, THEY WENT TO THE COUNTRY WITH THEIR TWO DOGS AND PLAYED TOGETHER. BEN AND DAVE HAD SOME KITES. SOME TIME LATER THE DOGS WERE NOT THERE. SO THEY CALLED THEM AND LOOKED FOR THEM IN THE FOREST. AFTER HALF AN HOUR THE CHILDREN FOUND THEM AND TOOK THEM BACK. CHARLIE WAS VERY HAPPY TO SEE THEM AGAIN. AT LUNCH TIME NICK WENT TO THE BIKES AND FETCHED THE BASKET WITH SOME MEAT SANDWICHES. THEN THEY PLAYED FOOTBALL. NICK AND DAVE WON. IN THE EVENING THEY RODE HOME.
|I/he/she/it was||I/he/she/it wasn’t||Was I/he/she/it?||Yes, I/he/she/it was|
No, I/he/she/it wasn’t
|You/we/they were||You/we/they weren’t||Were You/we/they?|| Yes, You/we/they were|